Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One year...

A year ago today, my sister, niece and I arrived in Los Angeles. After a three day drive from our parents home in South Dakota, I finally had arrived in LaLa Land. I had no job or place to live and no friends. By the end of the day, I'd found a place to sublet (which turned into actually becoming a permanent place to live). By the end of the month, I'd found a coaching job. This last year has had so much happen in it. I've given my animation career/passion a huge jump with Animation Mentor. I've continued to coach competitive team at a great gym in Pasadena. I've been blessed with some NEW (and some OLD) friends that have come into my life. It's also been amazing that I've been in the same ol' Blue House since that first week I drove into town. There have been a few roommate changes through the last year, but they are all still a great group of guys! Am I as happy about the actual area I live in or the house's upkeep? that's another story. I can't wait to be able to afford an apartment or house that's in a better area of SoCal. But for now...I'm enjoying the cooler summer LA is having and stoked about life!

Thanks for all those that have followed my journey to this point. I hope you will continue to follow!!

Until laterz!

No comments: