Monday, July 14, 2008

Cops and Robbers

I understand I'm living in LA..pretty much downtown LA. I realize I'm not living in the IDEAL place for a white boy from the Midwest. But really, the area I live in is not too bad all things considered. I live north of the USC campus...only a few blocks from that schools "Frat Row" (at least that's what we called it at UNL), which I am told use to be Embassies. I'm not sure if that's true..but the houses are really gorgeous old houses. IF money was put into these things, this area could be a real cool place to live. Granted that would make the rent go up and many of the tenants wouldn't have a place to live. Anyways...KNOWING that I'm in an area that tests my faith in GOD daily, I have given into the fact that helicopters with huge spot lights fly by at night (thank goodness for thick curtains). I've given into the fact that cars with kickin' stereos blare music so that the whole neighborhood can join in and sing the latest song about "apple bottom jeans" and "boots with the fur" or whatever. I've also given into ignoring all the extra bleeps and honks that happen outside my front window.

Last night around 11:30ish, I'm reading and hear some bleeps and such, people yelling, but I keep reading and don't think much about it. The night before, I looked out to see a large circle of people in the parking lot next to us. They were throwing what looked to be water balloons at one guy. It looked almost like hazing...or a major game of kill the carrier! In the morning, a large orange stain was where the guy had been losing the dodge balloon game!

Anyways..back to last night. So one of my housemates knocks on my door and asks me if I've seen the police bust going on outside. I jumped up and ran to the window and saw this time a circle of cops around a guy and his bike. I didn't want to gawk, but I went to my other window and tried to watch without being seen. My housemate said something about it being an attempted burglary. I grabbed my camera and tried to get some pictures without being seen through my front window blinds. Here are the pics.


I know it's kinda blurry...okay, way blurry, but you can see the circle of people (those are the cops) and then the one or maybe two guys in the middle (with a bike).


And here's the cop SUV that was making the bleeping sound we were hearing. This was taken after the cops finished talking to the man and he took his bike and walked off. I'm not sure at all what it was all about, but what's cooler then seeing a possible cop bust just yards away from your front door!!! I haven't had this much fun since I watched cops bust kids for drugs in the dorms!

Until laterz!

No comments: