Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight RETURNS!!!


It wasn't the opening midnight showing that I normally go too, but it was a first for me. I got up earlier then I have since I've been in LA (5:30AM!!) and drove up to Hollywood, to the CINEDOME!!! The plan was too meet some friends for Waffles at 6am, but the others had a late shoot for work the night before and were really tired. So, I went and got McDonald's and they met up with me just before the show. We had gotten our tickets early and in the Cinedome they assign the seats, so we had our center row FANTASTIC seats already. This theater has been an institution in Hollywood for some time, I guess. Let's just say it was amazing! The sound was sick, making you feel every bass thump and explosion. The screen is huge and projected on the curved wall of the theater. It's not as massive as IMAX, but close!

Now about the film....and let's just say this now. GIVE LEDGER THE OSCAR NOW!! Heath Ledger's Joker is the best version I've seen. It matches the best written/drawn Joker in the comics. It is almost painful to think of what more amazing work this talent would have done if not dying. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christian Bale's Batman once again...but it truly is Ledger's the Joker that lifts up everyone else's! Chris Nolan just has tapped into this gritty version of the Batman lore once again! I was heartbroken again by my girl, Katie Holmes, when she wasn't allowed to reprise her role by her wacked out husband. But I relly enjoy Maggie G. and was a good replacement for Rachel Dawes. I won't go into too much detail of the plot since I'm sure there are some that at this time still haven't seen the best movie of the year so far! I just hope more DC comic movies can get to this level! Marvel has been doing pretty good with it's latest ventures.

Until laterz...same BAT channel...same BAT time!

No comments: